The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren’t able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It’s called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful.”
– Elizabeth Edwards, who announced yesterday that her cancer had metastasized and her doctors had recommended that she end all treatment. She may, at this point, only have days or weeks to live. She wrote a farewell message on her Facebook page that contained this amazing paragraph.
The Center for American Progress has her biography.
And if you need reminding about her awesomeness, check out these posts over at Shakesville:
- Elizabeth Edwards Smacks Down Ann Coulter (June 27, 2007)
- Elizabeth Edwards on Hardball (January 4, 2008)
- Lookin’ for Some Straight Answers from the Straight Talker (April 1, 2008)
- A Voice of Substance (April 27, 2008)